We had an ultrasound this week on Wednesday. I was excited to go but sad Troy couldn't come with me. He had a class HE COULD NOT miss. Oh well, I would much rather have him ace a test because he got the study guide and come or fail b/c he came. We were pretty sure that this little one was a girl. This pregnancy has BEEN SO DIFFERENT then when i was pregnant with Hinckley. I have a cousin who does foot reflexology and she "read" my feet and came to the conclusion I was having a girl. Troy had some crazy dreams we were having a girl and I just thought for sure we were!
The ultrasound tech was so nice, new and slow but very thorough. I got to see all 4 chambers of the heart which was THE MOST AMAZING THING! I spotted the little boy part and about fell off the table. There was NO mistaking it though. The baby was estimated to be about 10 oz. which she said they like to see them at 12 oz by 20 weeks and I was just over 19 weeks measuring so thats a good thing! The baby was breached but of course that doesn't mean much now. She said my fluids around the baby looked pretty good. I guess they like to see it around 10-20 or something like that and I was at a 12. She looked really hard at the babys face to look for a cleft pallet. He looked great! His little arm was back behind his head (his daddy and his brother do the EXACT same thing) and she says that is a sign of contentment. I left shocked but SO EXCITED for another little boy. We have everything except diapers and we feel so blessed. We totally had a girl name picked out so now we are back at square 1. How do you name a kid when you have a brother name Hinckley? Any and all suggestions will be considered.
5 comments:
Congrats Bethany!!
HOW DID I NOT KNOW THAT YOU WERE PREGNANT!! YEAH!!! I am so excited for you and Troy and Hinckley! He will be such a good brother! We miss you guys!
Oh how fun! Isn't modern technology AMAZING!!!! I love the arm behind the head! Audrey was always crossing her ankles in her ultrasounds, which she does now all the time and I have always done. So funny. Good luck with the boy names, I think they are tougher than girl names, at least you have a good last name. We were going to name a boy cooper until we realized our last name is heiner, and cooper heiner sounds like poopy heine...oops! haha, have fun!
Bethany, I just found your blog on the Forbis's blog, I hope that's okay, and this is a little late, but Congrats on your pregnancy! That's awesome!
haha... how do you name a baby when you've got a brother named hinckley... i think you should go w/ the prophet name theme... maybe "McKay" "Benson" "Hunter" "Smith" ...
could always go w/ the prophet of the time... "Hinckley" when Hinckley was prophet... "Monson" while Monson is prophet.... of course he may still be prophet by the time you have your next one... but maybe not... ;-)
Post a Comment