Friday, December 14, 2007

Travel King

I was sitting here at my computer tonight surfing the internet when it dawned on me that my son has been to more places in the world then most people in their whole life time.  I don't know what really made me think about it except for the fact I was just looking at some pictures from our latest trip to Maryland and thought, "dang you think I would really good at this traveling stuff but I HATE it!"  I didn't mind it until I had a kid.  So for the record I am going to see where my son has been.
BORN:  Sacramento, CA 6-23-06
MOVED: Tucson, AZ (13 days old) (1st plane ride, had to get special permission slip for him to ride so young)
VISIT: Yucca Valley, CA (4 or 5 weeks old) Drove across the freakin desert 6 hrs.
VISIT: multiple times I think 5 or 6 times in all to Yucca in a 6 month period
VISIT: Hobbs, New Mexico about 4 months old 8 hr drive
MOVED: Rigby, ID just over 6 months old (3rd plane ride) (2nd plane ride was with grandpa after he got his pilot license)
VISIT:  SLC, UT first of April for conference weekend 3 1/2 hr car ride
VISIT:  Boise, ID to see Amy mid April 5 hr car ride
VISIT: Sacramento, CA 1 yr old end of June for our friends sealing in the temple (4th plane ride)
FAMILY REUNION: Layton, UT mid July 3 hr car ride
VISIT: Yucca Valley, CA 14 months old late august (5th plane ride)
VISIT: Lex. Park, MD 17 months old 1st of dec. for Meagans wedding(6th plane ride)

And many more adventures to come.  That doesn't count many day trips we have taken to Yellowstone, Mesa falls, etc.  Thats a lot of traveling for an almost 18 month old!  And to think they wanted to give Hinckley his "first pilot wings" on our trip to Sacramento.  HA!  THat was his fourth plane ride dummy... he could practically fly the plane himself.  J/K!

No comments: