Saturday, July 7, 2012

Guess who turned the dirty thirty?!

Yep thats right Troy turned 30! YAHOO! He was dreading his birthday this year. DREADING IT! So I had 2 choices... Make a huge deal about it or keep it low key. And surprisingly I decided to keep it low key. I just had this feeling that if I made a big deal about it, that would ruin it for him. And he worked overtime that whole weekend so it worked out nice. And I guess I am seriously HOPING that for my 30th its low key too.


Hinckley drew about 20 pictures for his dad. Troy loved them so much! He did get a bit emotional opening them up. Thats my husband for ya! I wouldn't trade him for anything in the world...




He opened 2 new water bottles for work. We ruined one by putting it in the dishwasher... WOOPS! And he got a new watch.
I didn't really plan ahead for a cake, I just decided to see what walmart had. BAD MISTAKE! Have I mentioned how much I hate this walmart in my town? I think I may drive the extra 15 minutes south to go to the nicer walmart... Just sayin...

The only cake they had was this one below with horseshoes on it... Yes horseshoes... I thought about scrapping them off but I knew Troy would get a kick out of it so we rolled with it. My only other choices were pink and flowers. So HORSESHOES IT IS!


The boys helped Daddy blow out the candles!


In the 8 birthdays we have celebrated together I think we have been able to be together for maybe 2 or 3 because of work or the military. But that doesn't stop us from celebrating on another day. We are flexible like that! Troy Ammon Carter I love you with all my heart. I think you are gonna rock your 30's and can not believe we will be able to say we spent ALL of our 30's together. Thank you for giving me most of your 20's!

So random question for you all... Do you have any special things you do on your spouses birthday? Like any traditions?! I would love to hear them! The only one that has really stuck for me is every year I write my mother in law a letter. Which I still haven't sent off... Oh and Hinckleys birthday thank you cards either... Man I am behind...

So what are your birthday traditions?

1 comment:

Bryant and April said...

Yay for turning 30! I had a really hard time turing 30, but it has proven to be AWESOME! Great things are ahead for you guys! And I like the horseshoe cake! It's not tacky and aren't horseshoes a sign of Luck?
We don't really have any traditions for birthdays either. We aren't huge cake people so Bryant usually wants some kind of Pie or brownies or this yummy coconut rhubarb dessert that he loves. I make it like once every 2 years I think! I'll be interested to see what other people do!
Happy Happy Birthday Troy Boy!