First of all thank you for all the prayers that have been sent off on my dads behalf and for our family! I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends.
Here is an update on my dad... Earlier today my dad had a lot of pain in his lower back and was having difficulty breathing, so my mom took him into the doctor and they took a chest x-ray. The x-ray technician said, "Oh you will no doubt be hearing from the doctor." So my parents went home and waited and waited and waited to hear back. Nothing. Finally about 8pm my dad was having such difficulty breathing my mom had to call 911 and an ambulance came and picked him up. They said that if they couldn't get my dads blood pressure down they would have to take him to St. Marys hospital (which is known for its lack of EVERYTHING, that is where the 39 year old died a couple of weeks ago who had the same exact thing my dad has). Thankfully they were able to get to St. Joseph. SO I am anxiously waiting near the cell phone for an update. My mom had to follow the ambulance there.
I am starting to wonder what it would be like not to have my dad on this earth. Tonight my son Hinckley pointed up to the sky and said, "Dadda". Troy maybe thought it was Grandpa saying good-bye to him. Thankfully that was not the case at least not yet. There are so many things I want to do and say to him. I regret all the horrible things I have said or done to cause him pain. I wonder if I will ever get to hug him again and smell that familiar smell of cologne. and have my son go on fishing trips with him. Will my son even get to really know his Grandpa? What will he remember about him? What would happen to my mom? Where would she go? What would she do? What about all the future trips we have planned, all the baseball games at Shumway park, the mormon bridge games that have never been played. What about waffles on Saturday morning? All the walks in the desert we haven't taken. The huge ice-cream bowls that are sitting empty. The hot tub that is cold. What about camping at Birch Creek? What about floating down the canal or jet-skiing around the DC monuments. What about all the museums, zoo trips, school trips, basketball, volleyball, tennis, softball games. Who would tell me all the names of the cactus and animal life. Who would give me spiritual advice and financial advice. What about the airplane rides with the Grandkids? Hinckley has only experience that once when he was 6 months old. I can't live without him. I need him now in my life just like when i was 3 wks old and couldn't do anything for myself. He can't go... He is too young and has so much more to live for!
2 comments:
Oh Bethany I am so sorry you are having to go through this. Your dad and family remain in my prayers. And my thoughts are with you. I feel bad that I have been so busy and haven't had time to meet up with you, but please know that I'm here if you need anything k? Love you girl!
Bethany,
i am praying for you and your family every day. It's funny, one of my favorite childhood memories is sleep over at the Shumways and waking up in the morning to waffles made by Mr. Shumway and Tang.
funny how we remember the most obscure things. love you girl! hang in there!
Post a Comment